The SEO Horror Stories contest ended Oct 31, 2009
Earlier this month Vizion launched a spooky contest and is looking for your SEO Horror Stories.
In this case, the SEO Horror Story contest is looking for you to submit an SEO Horror Story – Mark Jackson explains it all very well here.
We’re looking for Search Engine Optimization Horror Stories – extreme examples of cases where Search Engine Optimization efforts have failed.
So, what will you get when you submit your SEO Horror Story? The first twenty submissions will receive a copy of “The Unfair Advantage Book on Winning the Search Engine Wars” for free. That book also comes with a three month membership to SearchEngineNews.com and access to the Planet Ocean “Site Strength Indicator tool”. If you take the time to submit your own SEO Horror Story and you’re one of the first 20 submissions, getting that book and access to the “Site Strength Indicator Tool” is definitely worth your time and effort. Planet Ocean does a great job at telling you everything you need to know and may even show you where your SEO efforts failed in the past, so you can correct them.
There’s a lot more cool prizes up for grabs, including:
– 1 free year Raven Tools membership (worth $948)
– 6 months “Pro” account at SEMRush.com (worth $249.95) and 2 months account at SEOPivot.com (worth $296.78) for a total value of $546.73.
– 6 month subscription to Trackur Corporate (worth $528)
– 6 month subscription to SEOMoz Pro (worth $474)
– 3 month subscription to AdGooroo SEM Insight (also includes tools, worth $1197)
– 12 month “Standard Pack” subscription to Errorlytics (worth $179)
– Gold Pass to Affiliate Summit West 2010 (worth $749)
– Two SEMPO Institute courses – Insider’s Guide to Search Marketing and Effective Search Marketing: Social Media (value $700)
Why all the cool prizes? Well, if you have an SEO Horror Story to tell, then you will definitely need one of these search engine optimization tools or access to the great SEO information that you can get. We are offering these prizes to help you further enhance your search engine optimization knowledge, what you need to know in order to analyze your own website, analyze your online competitors, and fix what needs fixing.
Who are the judges?
There are some pretty awesome people, SEO Insiders and Search Engine Optimization Experts, SEO Veterans, who are judging the contest:
Aaron Wall, SEO Book
Aaron Wall is the author of SEO Book, a dynamic website offering marketing tips and coverage of the search space, free SEO videos, and free SEO tools.
Andy Beal, Marketing Pilgrim
Andy Beal is an internationally-renowned consultant, author, and speaker specializing in online reputation management and internet marketing. He is the coauthor of Radically Transparent and CEO of Trackur.
Barry Schwartz, SE Roundtable
Barry Schwartz is the Editor of Search Engine Roundtable and President of RustyBrick, Inc., a Web services firm.
Brett Tabke, WebmasterWorld and Pubcon
Brett Tabke is the Founder and CEO of WebmasterWorld and chair of PubCon conferences.Tabke was a founding board member of SEMPO (Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organization).
Debra Mastaler, Alliance Link
Based in Williamsburg, Virginia, Debra Mastaler is President of Alliance-Link, an interactive marketing company focused on providing custom link building campaigns and link training.
Lee Odden, Top Rank Marketing
Lee Odden is CEO and founder of TopRank Online Marketing, a digital marketing agency that provides search engine optimization, social media and business blog consulting services.
Mark Jackson, Vizion Interactive
Mark founded Vizion Interactive, Inc. in July of 2005.Mark is a frequent speaker at the Search Engine Strategies in New York, San Jose, Chicago and Toronto and Pubcon conferences in Las Vegas and Austin. He has written a regular column for Search Engine Watch since early 2007.
Rand Fishkin, SEOMoz
Rand Fishkin is the CEO & Co-Founder of SEOmoz, a leader in the field of search engine optimization tools, resources & community.
Stephen Mahaney, Planet Ocean
Stepehn Mahaney is the CEO & Founder of Planet Ocean Inc. the company that publishes SearchEngineNews.com and the award winning SEO Book, The Unfair Advantage Book on Winning The Search Engine Wars, est 1997.
Ron Jones, SEMPO
Ron Jones is an Internet marketing consultant, trainer, and owner of Symetri Internet Marketing, which has provided strategic consulting and Internet marketing solutions for mid- to large-size companies since 1998. Prior to signing on as a Board member, Ron served on the SEMPO Institute Committee where he was one of the authors of Fundamentals and Advanced courses. He also served on the Marketing Committee and chaired the Event Subcommittee.
- This must be a direct experience — no hearsay, no second- or third-hand stories
- No real or proper names of individuals or companies will be published
- You can be an SEO company — we’re primarily looking for stories from someone who had a horror story either trying to do SEO on their own, or had a bad experience with an SEO vendor but SEO companies can participate as well
- Vizion Interactive moderates/edits the blog and previews/approves all blog entries
- Prize winners are determined by SEO judges
So, if you think you have an SEO Horror Story that tops the rest, surf over to the SEO Horror Story website and make your submission. Contest entries need to be received by October 31, 2009 so submit yours soon!